Thank you for your faithfulness in prayer. May we all trust in the Lord that He hears and He answers (according to His perfect eternal will).
You have been praying for the Church in Suriname (FPC), and I wanted to share what I received from Rev. Hamid this past week:
We have had this Cuban family visit twice in the last three weeks. Their (only) daughter is in K4. They have lived in Suriname for 8 years. The wife, a dentist, speaks English quite well but the husband knows very little. Since the first time they visited, she has said that they have gone to different churches for the last 8 years looking but they were so disappointed with the teachings. She said they were on the point of giving up because they were struggling with knowing they should be in church and yet the option was stay at home or go to some church and listen to “corrupted” teaching. She said they took a chance because they have never visited a reformed church, but she has been so appreciative of the teachings. They right away said that they weren’t sure what they will find so they had not planned on staying the first week. They were absent on the LD before last but were here this past LD again. They stayed for study time and even asked about bringing snacks for snack time. She even said to me afterward, “Pastor, very good preaching.” Really nice to see.
PTL and thank you for your prayer. Please also remember to pray for the Church discipline on two members; that the Lord would graciously grant repentance and restoration…in His time.
The construction work is progressing, and PTL for this.
The ministry of SALT (Scriptural Advanced Leadership Training) includes:
- Director of RITS & RIC (Reformation International Theological Seminary & Reformation International College).
- As Dean of Studies, I work with students in College studies (especially teacher training for a Bachelor of Arts in Education Degree).
- As Dean of Studies, I work with students in Seminary studies (especially training for ministry and eldership in the M.Div. degree program).
- My work, together with Rev. Hamid, in Administration of CLA (Christian Liberty Academy) in Suriname. I serve as Headmaster, and he is Administrator.
- I also serve as Elder in First Presbyterian Church in Suriname (FPC).
Pray for my preaching ministry at King’s Reformed Presbyterian Church in Melbourne, Florida.
Link to church website (and live stream of Sunday worship): https://www.krpc.us/
Link to RCM website: https://www.reformation.edu/wp/
To support this ministry (tax-exempt), you may write the check to “Reformation Christian Ministries” and designate it to “SALT” (Scriptural Advanced Leadership Training).
Mailing address: 1300 East University Blvd. Melbourne, FL. 32901
If you wish to donate online, you may use this link (and select SALT for designation):